Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity is easy and simple, and you can help whether you have minimal skills or are a master carpenter. We appreciate volunteer help, and will try to find a match for you!
If you want to volunteer, we ask you follow these four steps:
- Read the Volunteer Cover Letter and Basic Volunteer Info
- Read the Construction Safety Information and Guidelines
- Complete the Volunteer Application, including Release and Waiver
- Watch the Safety Orientation video below
- Contact us to get a time to help.
If you are a group (corporation, church, club, etc.), one representative/leader should fill out the application and take the online training. Each person in the group needs to watch the video below, read our safety information and sign the waivers.
Please note, your application takes time to process. We can not call to schedual a work day until we have the certificate for your training. Training certificates are sent to us each Friday by our insurance company. Please give yourself or your group plently of time for your application to be processed.
In addition to general construction help, we sometimes need assistance in the following areas:
- Data entry and filing
- Preparing food for volunteers
- Gearing up for events
- Helping with "pop up" events such as yard sales and bottle drives
- Getting others to volunteer and donate
- Staffing tables at community events
We can create special opportunities for youth to be involved, however to volunteer for construction as an individual, you must be 18 years of age.
Watch a video about volunteer and worksite safety.